Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Did something just flash?





Holy God.

Half the time, I think I see things out of the corner of my eye, the other half I am talking to total strangers on the phone about their e-commerce sites.

I have become a creature of immediacy.

If you have a problem, we will address it NOW. Otherwise, someone else will handle it later. This approach obviously has its consequences, especially if you apply it to real life. I can't think of the times someone has opened their mouth in query only to have me put them on the spot for resolution. This trickles down to weekend behavior as well, only having a moment to piss off the random passerby or bum panhandling at the intersection, or random driver to the left of me.

HOMELESS VET? Well get the hell off the street and apply for a job at the restaurant 50 feet from you.

HATE JOB? Get your ass out of the building and walk 100 yards to the competitor.

PROBLEM WITH HOA? Mow your lawn.

Tonight, I came home to find an errant trash can sitting at the tip of my driveway. It sure as hell isn't mine, and I wasn't about to call the City to determine what serial number belonged to whom, so I made a quick observation on who was missing a HUGE BROWN TRASHCAN in their driveway, and casually walked the can to the nearest neighbor who had none. Problem solved.

Or at least out of MY hands.

Life is like this: You will avoid problems, or face them head-on. Given the limited amount of time we walk this earth, you might as well take some action and push beyond the situation. While this doesn't solve EVERY problem out there, it definitely avoids the logjam effect, which will ultimately affect EVERYONE. Whether you like it or not.

Coming from a rampant bureaucracy, I guess this is just my natural way of rebelling against inaction.

So get up, get moving, and get it done. No one else will do it for you.

No comments: